Saturday, 3 September 2011

With My Head Bowed Low

Life can be so hard sometimes.
People die young.
The wicked grow old.
Love is denied to the one
who longs for it most.

I think of these things and I wonder
as my heart is torn suddenly from me.
Is this all there is?
This desolation of my soul?
I look around and I’m all alone.

Why should I try to do what is right,
when the very ones who teach
are hypocrites at their own words?
When promises to me are broken
and my heart is over looked.

I can’t do this again!
It happened once!
It happened twice!
I’m so very afraid!
I am haunted by loneliness!

I don’t want to go on!
I have nothing left to give.
It all was lost and scattered in the wind.
Shaken I watched my dreams sweep away
taken by a hurricane of pain and death.

10 comments:

  1. Aw, Kal, I'm sorry. ~Hugs~
    It's a great poem. It really is. Really beautiful and sad.
    You make great things from sad things :]
    It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Kal, I'm sorry. ~Hugs~
    It's a great poem. It really is. Really beautiful and sad.
    You make great things from sad things :]
    It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* I worry about you. I hope you gain some peace through writing your poems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs Kallista*

    A sad, beautiful poem.

    I always love your poems, even if they are sad.

    *hugs again*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love

    If you say the word love,
    Minds turn to swearing before the dove.
    But when I hear that noun,
    My mind thinks of our friendship profound.
    Turn yourself away from sad things,
    To shadows and darkness your faith flings.
    But I will take it back, back to you,
    Back from death who wants it too.
    And I will stay by your side, rain or shine,
    If it's too bright, I'll close the blinds.
    my dear, dear kal,
    please remember yourself.
    Although he broke up,
    There's no reason to corrupt
    Your precious mind, so dear in life,
    Don't throw it away with a deadly scythe.
    And that's all I have to say to you now,
    And please, please, your head, don't bow.
    You are my beautiful goddess queen.
    Name's don't matter, give yourself a sheen,
    Your world might be crumbled,
    but long within you a beautiful queen slumbered.
    I'll help you build it up, once again,
    And you'll never be let down again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hugs kal* this is beautiful, even if it may be sad but its beautiful nevertheless! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kal that poem is... Wow
    Words don't describe it.
    It's so moving...
    *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really wonderful poem Kal.

    So sad…

    There is such beauty in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *hugs kal*

    Such a sad and beautiful masterpiece.

    I'm so sorry that you feel this way. I hope to make it better if I can.

    *hugs again*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Skyril said it perfectly,

    "You make great things from sad things"

    *hugs Kal* Fantastic job

    ReplyDelete