Saturday 27 April 2013

Sonnet 5


I want to close my eyes and vanish, flee
to Nowhereland- there I will find nothing
at all. No thoughts, nor light, nor stimuli
infect my precious Nowhereland. I wring
and thrash against my earthly binding chains,
but they grasp tightly at me. As I try
to run, my scream for Nowhereland sustains
and echoes all around. I must defy
the torturous powers telling me to stay
outside of Nowhereland, the only home
that I have never known. And yet I feel
I’m lost and left here in this world, alone.
My ideal Nowhereland, you must be strong;
for I’ll reach you so soon, I’ll stay so long.

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, Red. I understand the sentiment too.
    My favorite lines are:

    I must defy
    the torturous powers telling me to stay
    outside of Nowhereland, the only home
    that I have never known. And yet I feel
    I’m lost and left here in this world, alone.


    ~hugs Red~
    Awesome poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs you both* Thank you so much! :D

    ReplyDelete