Monday 15 October 2012

Difference

To you, they're just a band.
They just play music.
They are a bunch of tattooed freaks.

But to me, they are the reason that I still breathe.
They are the only hope I have when everything has fallen apart.
They are the bright light in the otherwise pitch dark.
Their message, their music, their lyrics pick me up out of my hopelessness.
The fact they have accomplished their goals,
that they have over come much of what I have to suffer through...
Well, that makes me believe in a future.

To you, it may be stupid to cry when you see them live,
or when you meet them for the first time.

But for me, it's like coming face to face with the hero that saved my life.

Go ahead and look at me as an obsessed, crazed fan.
Tell me I'm fucking weird, that I need to get a life.
But they will always, always be my heroes.
They will always be the band that saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment