Sunday 6 November 2011

Defiance by Hellboy

Why doesn't life run with me? Why does it always drag me the other way?


I try to write
But I cannot
For comes a time that my confusion
Sorrow
Anger
And frustration
Join together and sit,
Weighing me down
Daring me to write.
I defy you, malignant being,
Foul, bottomless feeling of failure.
For I will write forever more,
And there's naught you can do about it.
Not pain,
Nor confusion,
Nor sorrow,
Nor anger,
Nor any kind of frustration
Will hold me ransom and steal away my light.
Because I have more to live for
Than be a servant to your will.


"This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do."

I have posted this with the permission of Hellboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment