Tuesday 19 June 2012

Past Tense

Blogland was a place
For one to be themselves
For one to speak their mind
But never hurt another

Blogland was where I
Could be myself completely
Where I knew I was safe
And surrounded by friends

Blogland was the place
I'd go to everyday
To escape my troubles
However small they are

Blogland was that place
Where rules were not required
One never got hurt
Punishment unneeded

People here were friends
Or at least acquaintances
And those who disagreed
Agreed they wouldn't feud

What happened to that place?
Why did it go wrong?
No one is to blame
So stop throwing blame around like it's fucking candy.

4 comments:

  1. Just to be clear, I'm not saying everyone's innocent. I'm saying that people are blaming other people, or themselves, and the finger-pointing and accusations should stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This.

    Just....this.

    Fantastic, Red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right. It's just not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs Thalia* Thanks.

    And Aquila? I'm not saying it is. But I'm saying hardly anyone tries. Including you. Sorry, but yeah. Posting a poem like the one you did and expecting people not to take it like you really meant is a little naive. But aside from that, what I understood from the poem was "You're all to blame, I was completely innocent in the matter". I know you may have not meant it exactly like that, but you can't deny that's the tone of the poem. As your friend - and yes, I count you as one of my best friends on here - I think you could try a whole lot more with not accusing. *hugs* Thanks for the comment, though.

    ReplyDelete