Friday 24 February 2012

This Wish I Wish Tonight

Star light,
Star bright,
I wish I may,
I wish I might,
Have this wish
I wish tonight


Mayest thou, so high above,
Watch upon my friends with love.
Please, oh Star, so bright, so tall
Carest thou for each and all!
Grant, thou, me this wish of mine-
Show to all my friends a sign!
A sign, dear Star, a gift from thee
Of thou Creator's caring deeds.
I wish tonight, great Star above,
For all to see His lasting love!
Grant, thou, me this wish of mine,
Grant, thou, me, dear Star divine
This wish I wish tonight.

Give inner rest to all my friends,
Help their fears and wounds to mend.
Carest, thou,  for all and each,
Send God's hands to heal and teach.
Keep their hearts from harm and hurt
Wipe their eyes of tears and dirt
Please, oh Star, so bright above
Consider all my friends with love!
Great, thou art, and full of might
So, please, keep all their dreams from fright.
Give lasting peace and precious grace,
Oh, Star of light, show to them thine Master's face.
I beg of thee, grant, thou, me this wish of mine
Grant thou me, dear Star divine,
This wish I wish tonight.

1 comment: