Tuesday 14 February 2012

You know that band.

Sorry guys, I haven't been on here in quite a while, but here's a poem, and to all killjoys!


You know that band?
The one with the guitar god who doesn’t seem to get enough recognition most the time?
The one with the amazing bass player with the awkward knees and a good heart?
The one with the rhythm guitarist whose laughter lights up a room?
The one with the lead vocalist who puts everything he’s got into every performance?
You know the band.
The band whose lead singer was drunk for 3 straight years, and got clean in 17 days?
The band whose bass player had a mental breakdown, and still returned to record the rest of an album?
The band whose rhythm guitarist once played a show hooked up to an oxygen tank?
The band whose lead guitarist had to watch his best friends go through this and try to hold the band together at the same time?
You know that band.
My Chemical Romance.
The social rejects from New Jersey who wanted to make a difference, make some music, and maybe lower the suicide rate.
The ones who have to put up with labels that can be as small as “dark” or as extreme as “suicide cult”.
My Chemical Romance is:
Gerard Way
Frank Iero
Mikey Way
Ray Toro
They inspire me to try as hard as I can every day.
They’ve proven to me that you shouldn’t care what other people think of you as long as you like yourself, and that you should always love yourself, because you’re absolutely drop dead gorgeous.
They’ve made me realize that nothing is worth hurting yourself over, and nothing is ever worth taking your life for.
They encourage me to keep on living.
I love you guys…. Forever…

1 comment:

  1. YAYZ BB WRITING!!

    You've got skill, girl. You managed to capture the essence of this AMAZING band into a poem, and not a lot of people can do stuff like that! *hugs*

    Music is so much more than what some people make it for. It can actually be the only reason for someone to live.
    And ugh two girls in my class constantly pick on me and one of my friends for listening to rock/metal bands, MCR included. They're just afraid, I think, of the truth and straightforwardness (is that a word?) most rock songs have. But they can stick to their shallow pop, for all I care.
    Mini-rant over :3

    I shall say again: AMAZING POEM BB!

    ReplyDelete