Wednesday, 28 March 2012

I'd Like to Think

I'd like to think that people tend towards generosity and kindness
When all the time it's actually uncaring blindness;
I'd like to think that parents dearly love their children
Even though I know they'll never be forgiven;
I'd like to think that one loved would ne'er betray his kin,
But I know I'm just naive as I've seen it time and time again;
I'd like to think that a friend is always truly loyal
When actually he's egotistical and spoiled;
I'd like the think that all and sundry speak the truth
Even though I know most speak lies uncouth;
I'd like to think that dragons live in caves of turquoise blue,
But I know that line of thought it merely silly too.
I'd like to think of lot of things unfortunately false,
But I guess until they're true, I'll go on being lost.

2 comments:

  1. *goes and finds Skyril and brings her to a dragon living in a cave of turquoise blue*
    See? it's TRUE! It's not silly! XDDDDDD
    *hugs her*
    Found another dragon in a PURPLE cave! YAY
    Fantastic poem Skyril.
    So bitter sweet.
    As always you know how to capture what people feel and put it down in words woven with magic.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete